Have you thought of baking a cake for your friends this weekend? Oh! I forgot to say: ‘good friends’. C’omon, you can bake this delicious star cake for your family after the day’s hard work. You must not finish it in one day because it can last for one week. Now the ingredients:...Read more>>>
1. One cup of granulated white sugar
2. 225g of unsalted butter
3. Three large warm eggs
4. One cup of milk
5. One teaspoonful of vanilla extract
6. A quarter cup of raisins
7. Two cups of all purpose flour
8. One tablespoonful of baking powder
9. A pinch of salt
For fondant icing
1. 225g of icing sugar
2. One tablespoonful of gelatin
3. One tablespoonful of glycerin
4. Two tablespoonfuls of glucose
5. Desired flavor
6. Butterfly and leaf cutters
7. Half cup of water
8. Butter icing
9. Plastic wrap, rolling pin, board and food colors (leaf green and pink rose)
Putting it all together
1. Cream butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy
2. Whisk and add the eggs bit by bit. You can separate the yokes and white and whisk.
3. Add the milk gently and continue mixing
4. Add the vanilla extract
5. Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt together into the mixture.
6. Pour mixture into a star-shaped greased cake pan
7. Set the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and bake for 45 – 60 minutes.
8. Allow the cake to cool for about 10-15 minutes, then place on a wire rack and allow to cool for not less than two hours before icing.
1. Sprinkle gelatin over water and allow to percolate in the water
2. Microwave for about 1 minute or heat over water but do not bring to boil.
3. Add the glucose and stir together, the glycerin, then the vanilla and continue stirring.
4. Sieve the icing sugar in a bowl and create a well inside. Add the gelatin mixture in the middle and use spatula and stir the mixture till well combined. If you feel the consistency is too watery, add a little icing sugar but not much. The formed mixture should not be thick because air will still penetrate and make it well set. Meanwhile after the mixture, put in a plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight or until well set. You can as well store under room temperature. Just be sure water does not touch the mixture because water is the worst enemy to fondant mixture, although water is used as gum.
5. Roll out a handful of the mixture and roll out enough to cover the cake and cut the excess on the edges.
6. Before covering the cake with this rolled out white fondant, glaze the cake with butter icing to enable the fondant stick well on the cake.
7. Cut out smaller portions of the icing and put a drop of rose pink color, mix and roll, then use cutters and cut out shapes. Same as with the other color. (See picture).
Tip: You can design as you wish anyway.