|Click here for source|
Cooking Tip: Never allow red oil to dominate. Add just a little as when cooking breadfruit porridge.
1. Half tuber of yam
2. One large Onion
3. four pieces of fresh pepper
4. Half cup of crayfish
5. One stock cube
6. One fresh derica tomatoe for garnishing
7. One cooking spoon of fresh red/palm oil
8. A small bunch of green leafy vegetables (shredded).
8. Salt to taste
1. Cut the yam in small chunks, but not into tiny pieces
2. Put water in the pot and boil. Just small water, not to cover the yam
3. Boil for about 15 minutes, then put pepper and crayfish (grounded) and cover your pot.
4. After about 5 minutes, put the stock cube.
5. Add salt after 2 minutes, then add the oil.
6. To blend the oil with the yams and get the yam soft and juicy, stir with a wooden spoon so as not to disintegrate the yams.
7. After about 10 minutes, add the shredded green leafy vegetables and diced tomatoe bulb, then turn off your burner after 1 minute. The heat will do the remaining cooking of the vegetable. You wouldn't want to have your vegetables change colour, would you?
8. Congratulations, your porridge yam is ready.
Please feel free to try this recipe at home and share with us here: http://www.helensfood.com/p/share-your-recipe.html